Today Google pushed another one of its core system apps to the Play Store. Though you never noticed it before you’ll notice it now when updates come around(or maybe not, thanks auto updates!) . So what is this app, it’s a daydream based app that is used when your Android TV device goes idle for a few minutes similar to how your Chromecast is when no content is playing. For now the first Play Store release is just “Bug Fixes” but this app could leverage more powerful features in the future if Google decides they want to go that route and increase the user experience while idle. Finally all updates should be automatic so you’ll likely never have to worry about manually updating.
- 2015 Sony Bravia Android TVs Receive Marshmallow
- Plex’s Cloud Media Server Now Supports Google Drive, Dropbox, And OneDrive
- Running List of Live Channel Sources
- Live Channels Updated, Supports USB Tuners and Adds DVR Capabilities
- NVIDIA Shield Discontinued, is v2 Release Imminent?
- LeEco TVs Now Available on Amazon and Elsewhere
- Hands-On with USB Tuners in Live Channels
- ShowMax Arrives on Android TV (and some Google TVs)
- Running List of #SIDELOADTAG Tags
- Android TV x86 - TV on your PC