Today Google pushed another one of its core system apps to the Play Store. Though you never noticed it before you’ll notice it now when updates come around(or maybe not, thanks auto updates!) . So what is this app, it’s a daydream based app that is used when your Android TV device goes idle for a few minutes similar to how your Chromecast is when no content is playing. For now the first Play Store release is just “Bug Fixes” but this app could leverage more powerful features in the future if Google decides they want to go that route and increase the user experience while idle. Finally all updates should be automatic so you’ll likely never have to worry about manually updating.
Support us on Patreon
- Sony A1E 77″ OLED 4K HDR TV Now Available for Pre-Order
- Running List of Live Channel Sources
- SHIELD Summer Sale - June 22nd - 25th - Up To 80% Off
- How to Get Started with Live Channels
- Hands-On with Third-Party TV Launchers
- How To Add Airplay To Your Android TV
- Android TV x86 - TV on your PC
- Hands-On with USB Tuners in Live Channels
- Tv App Repo Now Generates Leanback Shortcuts
- Android Tv News gets its own app, written in Kotlin. Read, watch, and listen as much as you want.