Today Google pushed another one of its core system apps to the Play Store. Though you never noticed it before you’ll notice it now when updates come around(or maybe not, thanks auto updates!) . So what is this app, it’s a daydream based app that is used when your Android TV device goes idle for a few minutes similar to how your Chromecast is when no content is playing. For now the first Play Store release is just “Bug Fixes” but this app could leverage more powerful features in the future if Google decides they want to go that route and increase the user experience while idle. Finally all updates should be automatic so you’ll likely never have to worry about manually updating.
Support us on Patreon
- Running List of Live Channel Sources
- How To Add Airplay To Your Android TV
- Android O(reo) It's Official!
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition Comes To SHIELD TV
- 4 2K Games Come to NVIDIA SHIELD On GeForce Now
- Android TV will get Google Photos as part of Assistant
- "Android TV" versus Android Smart TV Boxes
- Tv App Repo Now Generates Leanback Shortcuts
- Hands-On with Third-Party TV Launchers
- Hulu TV is now live, but not for Android TV