Kodi known formerly as XBMC got its start as an open source project on the original Xbox back in the day and has improved and expanded ever since coming to almost every platform you can think of and offering tons of content and ways to get access to content.
Version 16.1 is a maintenance release which is recommended for all users testing version 16.0 and according to the developers it should be okay to just install this on top of your current Kodi 16.0 version without uninstalling previous version. Below is the change log of fixes.
Fixes done in 16.1
- • Never cache addons directories
- • Fix typo when calculating forced ratio size
- • AndroidStorageProvider: Ignore /mnt/runtime and don’t call Exists all the way every some 500 ms as this will affect performance
- • Set of fixes for DirectX rendering
- • Fixed crash under JSON-RPC on iOS/OSX
- • 20% performance gain on opening EPG guide window
- • Add missing libgif.so to the Android package
- • Fix Kodi freezing if no ADSP add-on is present
- • EventServer security fix by only allowing localhost
- • Fix possible lockup when entering EPG grid
- • Fix possible problems with rendering on Windows
- • Fix possible non working key presses after a key long press
- • Don’t do a video chapter skip if there’s only one chapter
- • Fix possible lock up by increasing timeout to let screensavers properly exit
- • Fix render capture (bookmark images) on certain hardware with DXVA on Windows
- • Fix problem in ZeroConfBrowser that could cause problems on exit
- • Fix crash one OSX 10.7 when trying to resolve HDD names
- • Fix possible crashes when using VAAPI and DXVA video rendering
- • Fix song reported on playback of songs from cuesheet
The complete technical list can be found on our Github milestones.
If you want to download it visit it here