Sony is now featuring Tellybean on the app home screen of Android TVs in India. This, combined with the recent release of Tellybean Video Calling app for Android phones, is a huge milestone for Tellybean. According to Tellybean India is their biggest market thus far. With achievements such as the ones listed below I think it’s the start of something huge for them.
- Winner of the Best Smart TV App at TV Connect in April
- Cooperation with Sony in North America started in May
- Skype on TV, the only video call competitor on TV, was discontinued in June
- Bridge funding round closed in June
- Sony features Tellybean on the app home screen in South America since July and in India since September
- Philips features Tellybean on all of its Android TVs globally since early September
- The Tellybean Video Calling app for Android phones was released at the end of August
- Fine tuning and service improvements to make Tellybean easier to use
- Development of apps for Linux-based TVs and iPhones/iPads started
What started off as something no one really thought of has turned out to be quite the success congrats Cami & the Tellybean team!
Source: TellyBean Tumblr