Myst, a game from legendary developer Cyan Worlds originally launched in 1993 for something called a Macintosh, since then the Mac hasn’t been such a gaming powerhouse, but none the less it hasn’t stopped indie devs porting their Steam games for all 3 platforms. Now the classic game is brought to the modern-day and called it realMyst developed by Noodlecake studios who has also done Alto’s Adventure and about 40 other games if you check out their Google Play page.
realMyst is all-things Myst, but amazingly more real. You can explore anywhere, unfettered, and in real time! Pick your own path through the forest on Myst Island. Look lazily upward into the Channelwood Age trees. Relax next to the rippling fountain as the sun sets in the Selenitic Age. Spin around for a full panoramic tour of Sirrus’ throne room. Seek shelter from the thunderstorm in Stoneship Age.
· All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
· Full Myst gameplay and interaction
· Dynamic environments – rippling water, falling rain, waving trees
· Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
· Simple navigation – touch and hold to move, swipe to turn
· Advanced navigation – run, move backward, invert look, & more
· “Interaction Guides” demonstrate how to interact with objects
· “Bookmark” feature to save & restore progress
· realMyst Hint Guide – get past that one puzzle that’s got you stumped
Below is some gameplay of realMyst before you buy it.
At $6.99 it’s a steal for the amount of content and if you liked The Witness then you’ll like this game too.
Note: This is a huge game (~700 Mb)